Updated: Sep 28, 2020
UPDATED 5/4/2020 - At Milford Vascular Institute, our top concern is providing the highest quality care for our patients. Our team is committed to being your trusted and reliable vascular treatment facility during this crucial time.
With ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, the health and safety of our patients remain our top priority. We have been closely monitoring this evolving situation and putting precautionary measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff and facility, while keeping our services open and available for the patients in need of continuous treatments.
We are truly committed to the safety and well-being of each of our patients and will make it our due diligence to ensure the absolute safest possible care is delivered.
Our Precautionary Measures:
- Effective May 4, 2020: we will return to normal office hours, 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- There will be a provider available in the office every weekday.
- While we will be open normal office hours, we will be seeing a significantly decreased patient volume in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Patient appointments will be spaced apart to limit the number of patients in the office.
- There will be only 4 chairs in our waiting room, spaced 6 feet apart.
- Only one family member will be allowed to accompany a patient, unless there are extenuating circumstances. If your office is scheduling an appointment for your patient and you are aware of such circumstances, please discuss this when scheduling the appointment with our staff.
- Adults and older children should arrive wearing a mask.
- All employees and providers will be wearing masks at all times.
- Taking all necessary precautions to protect the health and well-being of our patients and staff.
- Ensuring medical equipment is cleaned and disinfected thoroughly before, during, and after each patient visit.
- Pre-screening our patients prior to their appointments.
- Conducting on-site wellness checkups to verify the health of each patient before treatment. A clinician may take the temperature of patients and their family members prior to their appointment.
- Increasing precautions at our clinics located in areas in state of emergency.
- Increasing sanitation of high-traffic areas.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
Should you come in for your appointment?
At this time, Milford Vascular Institute is discouraging patients with compromised immunity or over the age of 65 years old from keeping routine, follow-up visits. Due to the nature of vein and artery disease and the potential for the condition to become more complicated, we encourage our patients to continue with their current treatment plan to avoid developing any serious issues.
As a surgical facility for all aspects of vascular and thoracic disease, we are continuing to see patients with an array of symptoms. If you are an existing patient seeing us for any of the below listed diagnoses and are experiencing any of the below outlined symptoms, please contact the office immediately to schedule an appointment.
Milford Vascular Institute will continue to provide high level vascular care to our patients. If you or someone you know is suffering from any aspect of vascular disease, know we are making every effort to keep Milford Vascular Institute a safe environment for you to receive care. Call (203)882-VEIN (8346) if you have any further questions. Stay healthy and safe.