Milford Vascular Institute: Responding to Covid-19
Updated: Mar 27
UPDATED 3/27/2020 - At Milford Vascular Institute, our top concern is providing the highest quality care for our patients. Our team is committed to being your trusted and reliable vascular treatment facility during this crucial time.
With ongoing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, the health and safety of our patients remain our top priority. We have been closely monitoring this evolving situation and putting precautionary measures in place to ensure the safety of our staff and facility, while keeping our services open and available for the patients in need of continuous treatments.
We are truly committed to the safety and well-being of each of our patients and will make it our due diligence to ensure the absolute safest possible care is delivered.
Our Precautionary Measures:
- Effective March 30, 2020, MVI will only be open to see patients on Monday's from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. This change will be in effect until further notice.
- Our office will be taking phone calls every weekday between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM. If you have an emergency and need to speak to a physician outside of those hours, call the office line and dial extension 1 to be connected to the on call physician.
- Taking all necessary precautions to protect the health and well-being of our patients and staff
- Ensuring medical equipment is cleaned and disinfected thoroughly before, during, and after each patient visit
- Pre-screening our patients prior to their appointments
- Conducting on-site wellness checkups to verify the health of each patient before treatment
- Increasing precautions at our clinics located in areas in state of emergency
- Increasing sanitation of high-traffic areas
- Emphasizing the importance of employee’s personal hygiene.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Practice social distancing. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community.
Should you come in for your appointment?
At this time, Milford Vascular Institute is discouraging patients with compromised immunity or over the age of 65 years old from keeping routine, follow-up visits. Due to the nature of vein and artery disease and the potential for the condition to become more complicated, we encourage our patients to continue with their current treatment plan to avoid developing any serious issues.
As a surgical facility for all aspects of vascular and thoracic disease, we are continuing to see patients with an array of symptoms. If you are an existing patient seeing us for any of the below listed diagnoses and are experiencing any of the below outlined symptoms, please contact the office immediately to schedule an appointment.
Milford Vascular Institute will continue to provide high level vascular care to our patients. If you or someone you know is suffering from any aspect of vascular disease, know we are making every effort to keep Milford Vascular Institute a safe environment for you to receive care. Call (203)882-VEIN (8346) if you have any further questions. Stay healthy and safe.
Stay up-to-date on CORVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html